Friday, May 13, 2011

Motherhood

March 19th 2010, 12:45 pm, the moment Emme took her very first breath, the term “mother” took on a completely new meaning. This past Sunday was Mother’s Day, in fact, it was my second Mother’s Day since that monumental page of life was turned and I was blessed with the greatest gift I could ever receive, my Emerson Reese.  I’ll be honest, the journey of motherhood was definitely not one I ever thought I would embark on this early in life, but I must say I am truly thankful for the Lord’s little “surprises.”  

My transition into motherhood wasn’t exactly what I would describe as being graceful.  I had a pretty bad taste of post partum depression and was completely unaware of it until Emme was 6 months old.  I knew from the moment I saw the word “pregnant” spelled out clear as day (on that clearblue easy)  that I was in for an adventure and I had better hang on…tightly.  About a month or so prior, I had made the move from my beloved college town of Athens Georgia (that’s right, Go Dawgs!!) to Germany and added a ring to my left hand.  Little did I know I would soon be back on a 9 hour flight to Atlanta to see my…OB?!  Again, completely unaware…. I was about to embrace a journey into motherhood as a twenty two year old “little girl” who had no choice but to step up to the plate and prove to myself that it is more than possible to do it on my own. More on that topic later, promise!
“the moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  she never existed before.  the woman existed, but the mother never.  a mother is something absolutely new.”
I have an unfathomably deep love for my daughter that words cannot even begin to express.  She holds every piece of my heart in her tiny little palm.  She is my world. Always and forever. 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful, Chelsea. Thanks for sharing! I think you are such a wonderful mother. A great inspiration to all. :) Miss you!
    Love,
    Laura (Butler) Logan.

    ReplyDelete